Buildings & Grounds
Buildings & Grounds Mission Statement: Sharing our time and talents to provide a safe, healthy, and prayerful environment for the continued growth of the St. James Faith Community.
Purpose of this committee:
The purpose of the St. James Building & Grounds Committee is the maintenance of all facilities and their systems (electrical, heating, mechanical, plumbing, etc.) as well as the parish grounds, to ensure that all buildings and outdoor areas are safe, clean, in good repair and appearance, for now and into the future.
Stewardship of Time and Talent:
- Participate in general planning and prioritizing of Building & Grounds (B&G) activities.
- Obtain quotes from various vendors and oversee the completion of projects identified by the Committee.
- This committee meets once monthly on the 3rd Thursdays, from 7-9pm in Room 10 of the Parish Center.
- For further information, please contact Tom Krieger, chairperson, at 262-392-3144 or email@example.com
2017 Completed Projects and/or in Process
- Painting of AC & Lean-to Kitchen: Nothing as of this meeting.
- Culverts for drainage of Lake St. James have been installed.
- AC doors have been ordered.
- Projects in Room 11 completed.
- Rubber Mulch is in, Kevin Bader’s team to spread (?)
- Neighbors shed issue, nothing to report at this time, Cheryl to get quotes.
- Floor bids: Machine and hand scrub plus burnishing = $3,380 Plautz Cleaning = $1,168. Looking at July 18 – 21 for the work to be done.
- Choir area steps still may be hazardous. Tim priced brass edging at a cost of $13.48 for a 6 ft. strip and seam binding at a cost of $16.20 for a 12 ft. strip. Bob Semrow suggested purchasing one of each and letting the choir decide.
- Courtyard area water issue will be assessed by Bob Pfeil for a possible solution.